Order laminated handrail safety glass at PRL. Answering all your questions, you’ll see why it’s the best in protection. These guardrail panels satisfy ASTM, CPSC 16 CFR 1201 Cat II, or ANSI Z97.1-2015 Class A standards for laminated architectural flat glass. Supplying PVB and SentryGlas® interlayers. Find out the performance level of each, combinations, and sizes available. Deal directly with us to learn more about these laminates. Our safety glass can be used in vast railing systems.
- Clear & 65% Translucent White
- 81% Sand White & 7% Shinning White
- Vanceva® Colors
- Protection Level: Standard
- SentryGlas® Ionoplast
- Protection Level: 5 times stronger & 100 times more rigid than conventional interlayers
Building Code Requirements:
The 2015 International Building Code (IBC) makes specific reference to glass railings in Section 2407 of the code. The code requires the use of laminated glass with very few exceptions.
Starting in the 2015 code, all glass used in guards and handrails must be:
- Laminated glass must be used in handrails, guardrails, or guards if there is a walking surface located below.
- Glass types must be fully tempered laminated or heat-strengthened laminated.
- Laminate must comply with CPSC 16 CFR 1201 Cat II or ANSI Z97.1-2015 Class A
- Minimum nominal thickness must be 1/4 in. Handrail or guard section must be supported by a minimum of three glass balusters, or shall be otherwise supported to remain in place should one baluster panel fail.
- The panels and their support systems should be designed to withstand the loads as specified by the code.
- A top rail shall not be required if the laminated glass is comprised of two or more glass lites having an equal thickness and only then if the system receives approval from the building official.
- In windborne debris regions, in-fill glass and glass balusters must be laminated and comply with safety glazing standards.
- In windborne debris regions, if the glass is supporting a top rail, the top rail must stay in place after impact testing.
- Glazing materials may not be installed as handrails or guards in parking garages except for pedestrian areas not exposed to impact from vehicles.
**PRL Lamination Capabilities**
*Maximum Laminated Size: Up to 96″ x 155″
*Standard Guardrail Glass Thicknesses: 9/16″, 13/16”
*Custom Safety Panel Thicknesses: Up to 3″
We deliver the highest quality Laminated Glass Products you’re looking for.
Custom Laminated Glass with the fastest lead times in the industry.
Laminated handrail safety glass. For the best in protection, shop at PRL. We supply top-quality interlayers. Need CAD, BIM, or specs for this product? Check out our ARCAT® page! You can download it’s info as well as many others.
Find out everything you need to know about our systems, components, protective shields and more.
Download PRL’s Digital Handrail Catalog.
Fastest lead-times in the industry!
PRL Glass Systems, Inc.
13644 Nelson Ave
City of Industry, CA. 91746
For estimates & orders